Waterfox 36.0 Release
Waterfox 36.0 is now available for download with much improved memory consumption and memory leak fixes.
What's new in 36.0 (Waterfox)
- Support for HTML5 Gamepad standard
- Much improved memory allocation and leak plugs
- Now using Windows 8.1 SDK, added support for DirectX11 rendering if supporting hardware is present
- Updated International Components for Unicode from 54.1 to 55 Milestone 1
What's new in 36.0 (Firefox)
- Support for the full HTTP/2 protocol. HTTP/2 enables a faster, more scalable, and more responsive web.
- -remote option removed
- No longer accept insecure RC4 ciphers whenever possible
- Phasing out Certificates with 1024-bit RSA Keys
- Shut down hangs will now show the crash reporter before exiting the program
- Support for the ECMAScript 6 Symbol data type added
- unicode-range CSS descriptor implemented
- object-fit and object-position implemented. Defines how and where the content of a replaced element is displayed
- isolation CSS property implemented. Create a new stacking context to isolate groups of boxes to control which blend together
- CSS3 will-change property implemented. Hints the browser of elements that will be modified. The browser will perform some performance optimization for these
- Improved ES6 generators for better performance
- DOM Promises inspection
- Inspector: More paste options in markup view
- CSS gradients work on premultiplied colors
- Fix some unexpected logout from Facebook or Google after restart
- Various security fixes
Any users on Waterfox 35.0 and 35.0.1 will not be receiving the automatic update as it needs to be signed digitally and there are some issues signing current update files. This should be resolved in the coming week. You can update manually if you want to upgrade to 36.0.
How do I get this update?
- It should be available immediately and can be applied by clicking the Menu Icon > ? > About Waterfox or
- Download from the front page