Waterfox 40.0.2 Release
Waterfox 40.0.2 is now available to download for Windows & Mac.
What's new in Waterfox 40.0.2?
- Implemented the patch for Bug 1171966 that fixes slow animations in Firefox since 38
- New logo!
- Fixed an issue that hid the Refresh Waterfox button in about:support
- Some YouTube videos buffer indefinitely
What's new in Firefox 40.0.2?
- Support for Windows 10
- Enabled API allowing Windows 10 users to open settings dialog
- Added protection against unwanted software downloads
- User can receive suggested tiles in the new tab page based on categories Firefox matches to browsing history (en-US only).
- Hello allows adding a link to conversations to provide context on what the conversation will be about
- New style for add-on manager based on the in-content preferences style
- Improved scrolling, graphics, and video playback performance with off main thread compositing (GNU/Linux only)
- Graphic blocklist mechanism improved: Firefox version ranges can be specified, limiting the number of devices blocked
- Add-on extensions that are not signed by Mozilla will display a warning
- NPAPI Plug-in performance improved via asynchronous initialization
- Smoother animation and scrolling with hardware vsync (Windows only)
- JPEG images use less memory when scaled and can be painted faster
- Sub-resources can no longer request HTTP authentication, thus protecting users from inadvertently disclosing login data
- IndexedDB transactions are now non-durable by default
- Implemented AudioBufferSourceNode.detune to modulate playback rate in cents, a logarithmic unit of measure used for musical intervals
- Improved Performance tools in the developer tools: Waterfall view, Call Tree view and a Flame Chart view
- New rules view tooltip in the Inspector to tweak CSS Filter values
- Console API messages from SharedWorker and ServiceWorker are now displayed in web console
- New page ruler highlighting tool that displays lightweight horizontal and vertical rules on a page
- Inspector now searches across all content frames in a page
- Kannada text does not display properly in built-in pdf viewer
- mozalloc.lib was missing from the xulrunner package
- Fix a startup crash with some combination of hardware and drivers
- Various security fixes