Waterfox 48.0.2 Release (Windows)
Waterfox 48.0.2 is now available to download.
What's new in Waterfox 48.0.2?
- Update codebase to Firefox 48.0.2
- Adobe Flash 23 Beta should resolve "Context3D Not Available!" issue
What's new in Waterfox 48.0.1?
- Temporarily reverted to Visual Studio 2015 due to some graphical issues with Clang.
- Implemented patch for Bug 1283274 - Avoid the wmode windowed -> opaque Flash workaround when we detect Flash async drawing support
- Fix wrong profile location on OS X.
What's new in Waterfox 48.0?
- Switched to Clang for Windows compilation. Things look much more promising than previous reports and stability seems good. Please report any issues and I'll file bugzilla reports as this will help out Mozilla as well 🙂 This is a promising step to using a completely free/open-source build environment!
- Reverted Registry Entries to be the same location as Mozilla's so 3rd party programs like Roboform can work again (might need to re-install Roboform or Waterfox again for example)
- Another attempt to fix unsigned extensions from not running. So hopefully they will now!
What features does Waterfox currently have?
- Disabled EME (doesn't work on 3rd party builds anyway)
- Disabled Web Runtime (deprecated as of 2015)
- Removed Pocket completely
- Removed all telemetry/data collection being sent back to Mozilla
- Disabled the 64-Bit NPAPI white-list so that the user can decide what plugins they can run (doesn’t make sense for Mozilla to do this as most of their user base probably aren’t technically proficient), but it’s something Waterfox users are capable of handling.
- I’ve also allowed unsigned extensions to run as well as there are still some old extensions people like to use (it’s disabled by Mozilla for the same reason as above)
- Windows XP 64-Bit support
- Updated ICU to 57.1 (current Mozilla base is on 56.1)
- Removal of Sponsored Tiles on New Tab Page
- Compiled with Clang
- When using a profile shared by Firefox, sponsored tile and snippet URLs may overwrite default Waterfox settings, enabling them again
- Automatic updates will be delayed by 24 hours to make sure there aren't any pressing issues before seeding to everyone.
Partnership with Ecosia
Waterfox has now partnered with Ecosia as a way to raise funds. When using Ecosia, revenue generated from ads helps plant trees and contributes to Waterfox upkeep costs! If you'd like to help support Waterfox while also doing some good in the world, please help us out by using it!
As always, head to the Downloads page for the latest versions!Waterfox Downloads